Who Is The Black Chinaman?

My photo
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you? I realised that my training was useful in less than ten percent of the calls, and saving lives was rarer than that. After a while, I grew to understand that my role was less about saving lives than about bearing witness. I was a grief mop. It was enough that I simply turned up. Living and working back in Brunei, after a 14 year absence... Also known as: Brunei, NASA, Bruise-Eye, Bru, Cheesecake, Nick, BruNick, BruMedNick, Two Step etc etc etc

Thursday 8 January 2009

Boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada...

That ad is one of the best original ones I've seen in ages! Click on the title to go to the YouTube video to understand what I mean...and don't worry, it's safe...

Anyhow, first things first, happy new year to you all...hope things are going to be good for you...

Well, this is the first post of the year, so hopefully this year is going to be a good one for me too...last year was already one of the better ones in recent years...regardless of how things had been...

I'm currently back home in Brunei at the moment, arriving back on Thursday, 25 December 2008...yup...Christmas Day...:D It was a great little surprise for my mum (she thought that I was coming back on the Saturday after, the 27th)...all this was organised with the assistance of my uncle, sister, brother in law and Royal Brunei Airlines...it was good fun to do it too...she didn't even realise that I was sitting in the living room, and she greeted my uncle (who flew me down) then looked around the room and saw me there...to have had a camera at that time...:( Also bought a few iPod Nano's foe the family...all customised and everything...quite a bargain actually if you considered that if I paid the same price at Myers, I wouldn't have gotten laser engraving, gift wrapping and P&H included...but the surprise was a good one in the end...just got a few bills to pay off when I get back to Oz...

We've also got a missing maid; she was supposed to have come back on Monday, 05 Jan 09, but she never showed up...did see a friend of mine from years past at the airport, but I don't think she recognised me...meh...

Anyhow, back to the missing maid...since she's not here, I'm feeding the seven dogs that we have...and allow me to tell you, it's not a pretty job to do...these doggies eat quite a bit actually...so, I'm quite literally elbow deep in a rice mixture that we feed them...and I'm also cleaning up what I can around the house...

Apart from that, most of last year resulted in the usual lot of stuff...work, work, more work, and a bit a drama at the end, but all ok in the end...

The stories that I want to tell, but cannot remember....:(

So, anyhow, let's hope that things are good, once again, for you and yours this year, and for mine and me too...be safe...

N

No comments:

Powered By Blogger