Who Is The Black Chinaman?

My photo
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you? I realised that my training was useful in less than ten percent of the calls, and saving lives was rarer than that. After a while, I grew to understand that my role was less about saving lives than about bearing witness. I was a grief mop. It was enough that I simply turned up. Living and working back in Brunei, after a 14 year absence... Also known as: Brunei, NASA, Bruise-Eye, Bru, Cheesecake, Nick, BruNick, BruMedNick, Two Step etc etc etc

Wednesday 26 November 2008

The Ants Are Dying One By One, Hoora, Hoora...

Ants, ants, freaking ants...

They're getting a little bit on my nerves...considering that on Sunday those little bastards took an apple pie away from me...it was before its time...I was going to have it for afternoon tea, but no, the ants had to come in and cover it with themselves...bastards...they've been everywhere...in the bathroom attacking the Listertine bottle, all over the table, my bedside table too and all those nice ME areas...sucks...

Apart from that, found out this week that I'm no longer at Eagle Farm, which is really annoying...that's a $250 shift gone...I'm still trying to find out why, so we'll see what happens from there...

If you're interested in buying a very interesting book, please click the link below...yes, it does cost AUD$70, that is the price, but it's for an out of print first edition that's been signed by the author personally...why not?
Click Here

Watched two movies recently, Rocknroller and Death Race...both I enjoyed tremendously, and am willing to watch them again the moment they come out on DVD...and copy the bastards to my HDD...:)

Was at a bucks party last week....25 hours of drinking, a lot of titties, a lot of alcohol, and a lot of fun...I might post come pictures up sometime, but we'll see first...:D

And yea, not much else has been happening; organised my flights home for Christmas to see my family, uni exams are over, and I think I'm going to fail at least one subject, my hours have been cut back severely, which sucks in itself, and yea...life continues on like usual...

And it's on that note that I might dash off...yea yea, I know I haven't been updating like I normally do...but I'll get back into it sooner rather than later...:)

Till then, be safe..

N

No comments:

Powered By Blogger