Who Is The Black Chinaman?

My photo
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you? I realised that my training was useful in less than ten percent of the calls, and saving lives was rarer than that. After a while, I grew to understand that my role was less about saving lives than about bearing witness. I was a grief mop. It was enough that I simply turned up. Living and working back in Brunei, after a 14 year absence... Also known as: Brunei, NASA, Bruise-Eye, Bru, Cheesecake, Nick, BruNick, BruMedNick, Two Step etc etc etc

Wednesday 29 October 2008

Bruises, Pain and Cheesecake...

Well, it's been a while since I last updated, so I'm going to put a token one in here now, and hopefully get a more in depth one over the next few days...

Firstly, new super at Redcliffe is turning out to be a good person, still getting to know the crew, but all's good so far...issues there too, but we're not going to bother for now....

Currently doing my Cash-In-Transit certification at TAFE, so waking up every morning bright and early...not something I really enjoy doing...but then again, when can you play around with batons, hand guns and handcuffs on a daily basis at school? Got a decent bruise on the back of my left knee at the moment too, and a broken training baton at the TAFE; guy went a bit skitz, and took a bigger swing then he really needed to...anyhow, that's over and done with, apologies done, and all good...

Made 10 cheesecakes too in same class...had an hour to make them, so they were doing the paperwork for the weapons, and I was making cheesecakes...five each of mid fruit and strawberry...did a change to the recipe too, using olive oil and sugar in the base as opposed to butter...took a bit longer to come together, but tasted alright in the end...might have to start using that in the future too, just to get to know it well...

Got to mention Shay not leaving for the Kimberley's too...see, told you you might get a mention...:p

Apart from that, not much else is happening; have to pay money for a taxi that I broke earlier in the month, well, dinted...end of semester is this Friday, Study Week next week, then exams...so got to do all my essays owing in the next few days...and prepare for two exams that I never went to class for, either because of work, or because I've been slaughtered after work...I'm already taking naps in the breaks to catch up on lost sleep...and buggered if I'm going to shoot my foot off in class...

Right, sleep.

Be safe.

N

No comments:

Powered By Blogger