Who Is The Black Chinaman?

My photo
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you? I realised that my training was useful in less than ten percent of the calls, and saving lives was rarer than that. After a while, I grew to understand that my role was less about saving lives than about bearing witness. I was a grief mop. It was enough that I simply turned up. Living and working back in Brunei, after a 14 year absence... Also known as: Brunei, NASA, Bruise-Eye, Bru, Cheesecake, Nick, BruNick, BruMedNick, Two Step etc etc etc

Thursday 7 May 2009

Nec Aspera Terrent (Difficulties be Damned)

Today's is my 276th month in existence...well, 285 if you include the nine in incubation...(thanks mum and dad)...and it was going well...but things, as usual, have a way of happening...but damned if I'm going to let that get in the way of enjoying myself...the plan is just to get a bit sloshed, and who know what happens from there...

To those that are going to make my day shite, you can all go to hell...I'll probably meet you there one day, but damn you first...

In other news, I thank those that have sent me numerous birthday greetings...it's the little things that remind me that while at times I may think I am alone, there are a lot of people out there that value my friendship (as I do theirs) and keep in contact...to those, once again, thank you, from the bottom of my heart...

On that note, I'm going to get some dinner into me before this becomes epic...;)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger