Who Is The Black Chinaman?

My photo
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you? I realised that my training was useful in less than ten percent of the calls, and saving lives was rarer than that. After a while, I grew to understand that my role was less about saving lives than about bearing witness. I was a grief mop. It was enough that I simply turned up. Living and working back in Brunei, after a 14 year absence... Also known as: Brunei, NASA, Bruise-Eye, Bru, Cheesecake, Nick, BruNick, BruMedNick, Two Step etc etc etc

Wednesday 1 April 2009

March Madness...

March was absolutely shocking, which ever way you wish to see it...

It all started out with Biff and I at Nambour Hospital on the morning on 01 Mar 09...him with a broken hand, me with muscle and nerve damage down my left arm...that went well enough...then on another night I lost my phone during a removal...didn't realise that it had happened since I normally have a radio in my pocket next to my phone, but just before the removal, swapped radios with one of the other guards that had a clip, then got called to the disturbance...and felt something falling out of the pocket, thinking that it was the radio...thank goodness for insurance...

Now I'm the proud owner of a new Nokia N96...after some choice conversations with Optus...I'm still on the same number, so drop me a line with your name on the back so I know who you are....sorry people...

I've also got to move out of my house soon...middle of April; contrary to popular belief, I have not been a bad tenant. The unit got sold, and the new owners want to move in...since it's no longer going to be maintained by the rental agency, they cannot renew my lease...it's about time for me to move anyhow, even though I still hate moving...

I've got to jet, so I'll try to get back to this soon...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger